View Single Post
Old 20 September 2021, 16:41   #107
UnnamedCourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherno View Post
Speaking of trees, the Graphics/Style1/tree_old.ilbm file shows three different kinds of trees (two are doubled), of which only the first one is used in the released game.
That's a good catch, I wasn't sure about the tree with the red leaves, but I was SURE the fir tree is use somewhere, but now I look I can't find any evidence of it! Maybe it was one of the short action maps? Or maybe I'm just imagining it - checking my install files I last played the game extensively way back in 1997....

EDIT:

Also it looks like you are both right on the Sub-Machine gun as well. Seems like this was new for 39.26, as it's in the items.ilbm for both the OCS and AGA versions. Where this gets weird is that clearly the item was intended to be in the game at an earlier point. It's not in 37.14 or the retail 39.25, in the latter it's a junk entry.
However, if you look in the ItemIllustraions.pp file that was created for the game's manual you will see this...

So, while there was no graphic for this weapon yet, it was intended for the final game, and would even be slotted into the space in the inventory it's present in in 39.26.

EDIT2:
I'm talking total bobbins about getting the SMG in the new levels (although I think you do on at least one) - more importantly it's now given to Clavius as his default weapon in 39.26 instead of a crappy blaster. He's still listed as having a blaster in the commentes of characters.s but he now gets item 28 instead of 19 that he used to have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SMG.png
Views:	392
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	73274  

Last edited by UnnamedCourier; 20 September 2021 at 18:56.

Page generated in 0.04903 seconds with 12 queries