View Single Post
Old 16 September 2021, 22:24   #6
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Lucky you. I had several Zip100 drives and they all went faulty. This was so common that the term Click of Death was invented to describe it.
Well, I used them back in the late 80's while working for Commodore and then later on over the years until I had placed everything in storage.

And now, only one drive had an issue that I pulled out of storage and it was due to moisture corrosion so I just parted it in case I need something for the other drives.. Those are zip 100's. I had two 250's and am not sure what died on that so just throwing that out as there are no real things to salvage.. thus I bought this second one that works fine but want to hook it to my Amiga.. problem is not sure how as it has a port on it I am not sure what type it is. And a USB port as well.

On PC it and the other one work fine.

I also have a couple ORB drives which have never failed me even once. These are my favorite removable drives and back in the Amiga old says, I had a bunch of them.. Not only more reliable overall but 10x more quiet by far.

And I even still have one SyQuest internal drive, 1 GB but I must have thrown out the platters long ago for that so it is not in use right now.

I JUST got my A1200 finally up and operational as of last night though.. the replacement membrane for the keyboard arrived and works perfectly. So while it took some work, I now have it running great.. just irritated though the A4000 was just destroyed.. still pisses me off on that one big time. Especially since I had a couple rare cards in that thing as well as one never released public for PC emulation.

Page generated in 0.06650 seconds with 11 queries