View Single Post
Old 14 September 2021, 18:40   #29
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It can happen but don't depend it. Any version update can change it. Almost anything can change it
As I see it, current emulation behavior will cause every Quickstart A500 configuration saved with a bootable floppy image in DF0:, to always boot in NTSC mode. I just detect it, I can change nothing

Anyway, the cause is known now, so for me it's answered. But it was good that I asked because my boot block is in better shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I didn't say it would fail. 68020 will always prefetch at least 1 word (if unaligned), jmp (a0) fits in single word: it will work even if unaligned. (at least as long as jmp(a0) is not located at the very end of memory space, where next address is some read sensitive IO..)
AFAIK it's the reset instruction that has to be aligned, so that the jmp instruction is prefetched with it? And then the jmp instruction is always unaligned, so even if that's OK, that's not the test case where it could fail?

I.e. The case to be debunked is when the reset instruction is unaligned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral View Post
ColdCapture() runs before execbase checksum is even checked, so you'd have to explicitly wipe that one.
I would like there to be no chance for a virus to thwart my Execbase-destroying efforts. Do I need to explicitly wipe it before destroying Execbase and resetting, then?

If so, what is the correct way to wipe ColdCapture() before reset?

Page generated in 0.04563 seconds with 11 queries