View Single Post
Old 10 September 2021, 11:48   #1092
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Dude.. lol..
I am not lying myself.
I don't understand how some of you Doom fans refuses to believe, that there were people that was NOT impressed with Doom at all, back in the day.
Yes - flat shaded polygons often looked waaaaaay better then low res ugly textured polygons.

Is it so hard to believe that I prefer visual style of the second screenshot, over the mass of ugliness from the first screenshot?

Also, what I liked about Cytadel is the fact that they sort of tried "hand drawn" textures, which gave it cartoony look, and in total, it had more coherent look, in comparison with Doom textures that had all kinds of different (unpleasant) colors, and different brightness values.

On some of the above things I can agreed.
But don't ever think that I would love less Amiga, if Dread was never developed. It's magnificent technical achievement, and I can't wait to get my hands on it's mod tools.. and that says also something... I primarily want to create... not to play.. although, I will play it, once it's done, out of respect to great graphics artist involved in this project, and to observe in what smart ways they did graphics.
Running around gathering keys, is not really what I am interested in (and will do it, only to "unlock" further levels, so I can observe new graphics), no matter how this shocking might sound to you.

Quote:
Some of you Doom fans?
I'm not a "Doom Fan", they're entirely different from someone who just likes playing the game from time to time so get over that.

Playing the martyr enjoying the shitter option of over the better option. That is your taste, good for you. If you weren't impressed with Doom when you were younger then you have stupid standards or are a snob What had you seen that was better before that? Polygon graphics?

Page generated in 0.04400 seconds with 11 queries