View Single Post
Old 04 September 2021, 18:36   #4
Shadowfire

Basically, when you select standard VSYNC you are telling UAE to base its emulation timing on the monitor's refresh / sync rate.

Outright disabling VSYNC should (IIRC) cause UAE to sync instead on audio / Paula timing (so things run at the correct speed), and send out screen updates at the completion of an emulated screen refresh. There are also "lagless Vsync" modes for if you have a really fast system, where it races the beam, and this is supposed to improves latency a bit, but I wasn't able to use it without side effect on my emulation system (I3-10100 + GTX1050Ti + Gsync monitor), and the "Vsync Off" (shows as "-") provided what seems to be the optimal settings, providing smooth tear free scrolling with no audio popping or stuttering, and undetectable (to me) latency on audio and video (using minimal audio buffer size).

If you're using an nvidia card, make sure you go to Nvidia Control Panel -> Display -> Set up G-SYNC (you won't see this if you don't have a variable refresh rate monitor IIRC) -> Apply the following changes, and tick off "Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible" and apply the chnages.

Page generated in 0.04890 seconds with 11 queries