View Single Post
Old 04 September 2021, 18:26   #3
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
If only possible choice is 100Hz and you have VSync: you get 100Hz, you wanted VSync, you got it

Any high frequency monitor should also support 50Hz. Make sure it is available and selected in WinUAE display panel.

If your monitor is gsync/freesync capable, you shouldn't select VSync in WinUAE.
Thx for reply Toni! But no, this worked fine a few days ago with WinUAE 3.x. No hardware or software changes, updates, or installs in between. And your reply doesn't explain why (when I get this bug) it goes down after a while and settles on 50 FPS when nothing is moving...

I got the bug in 4.4.0, deleted all configs and all Host configs except Windowed, and it seemed to work for a while, creating my own config from Quickstart+changes. Then again today I get this behavior back, also for Quickstart (no config).

In Fullscreen mode 100Hz and Display > Refresh set to PAL as always, framerate is solid 50 FPS both when things are moving and not.

Since 99% of users have 60Hz or higher in desktop, and VSync is default on in GPU drivers, they should all get too high FPS. The above setting has always limited framerate before, or all emulated games would be too fast.

I'm sure it's something else. Could you have a look? I noticed installing newer versions of WinUAE did not replace the Windowed.uae host config. Can I reset it fully somehow?

I've attached the fullscreen config and will try to convert it into a Windowed config, but I also noticed it seems Host configs are not loaded automatically when loading a Configuration. Are we supposed to load the Configuration first, and then load a Host config manually for it as well every time we start WinUAE, or is a Host Config saved in a Configuration as "belonging" to it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip A600-3.1-7MHz-FS.uae.zip (3.1 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Photon; 04 September 2021 at 19:01.

Page generated in 0.04323 seconds with 12 queries