Thread: AmiSSL Released
View Single Post
Old 28 August 2021, 13:34   #126
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If the volume is named DH0: it will not work Workbench:, unless you make an assignment

You can avoid any problems if you use SYS:

With SYS: you can change the name of the volume and everything will work.
So I often say DH0: but my DH0: when I created the hard drive got named Workbench.

The assign was created using the script, I did not create it manually.

The script took the name Workbench: not me. The reason it took the name Workbench: is because this is where I chose to install AmiSSL folder.

In my previous post I might have described the route of where I installed as DH0: but it is actually Workbench:

I still don't understand why this makes any difference? Because when I type DH0: into other paths in startup-sequence things work fine. I do not have to label them as Workbench:

Also if I type something into shell and type path as DH0: they also work.

So why would it make a difference if this assign used DH0: or Workbench: labels?

Can someone clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
The assign was correct if DH0 = Workbench, which most likely it does. The AmiSSL: assign should always point to the root install location - not the libs dir.

Any application compiled to use AmiSSL 4.0-4.2 or 4.4-4.8 will automatically use 4.9, as it is fully backwards compatible. Only applications that are built using the AmiSSL 4.3 SDK will need the library from 4.3 installed (hopefully, most have been compiled to use 4.4 or indeed an older version by now). There is no need for applications to require newer AmiSSL versions, unless they use newly added OpenSSL functions.
So you reckon (as I do) my assign is fine and does not need modified?

And I don't really need any older amissl_vxxx.library files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
Hope this doesn't confuse things too much, but I released AmiSSL 4.10 a short while ago - any application built for any previous AmiSSL 4.x version (with the exception of 4.3) will automatically be able to use this new release, once installed.
Ahhhhhhhh! Do I need to reinstall now? Not that it was working in the first place

Page generated in 0.05275 seconds with 11 queries