View Single Post
Old 08 August 2021, 22:49   #15
FranciscoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiFla View Post
Furia 600 for A600 is stated as PCMCIA Friendly, so I didn't do anything to patch to work with Kickstart 3.1 IIRC...

I have 3.1.4 Kickstart ROM in Amiga with 3.1.4 WB. PCMCIA works flawlessly with Furia 600 and all 9.5Mb RAM.

I put burned Kickstart 3.2 ROM in Amiga and clean install 3.2. PCMCIA no longer works with PCMCIA and 9.5 Mb RAM.

So, workaround is removed from 3.2. So is there any way to enable it again? With some kind of patch?

OS 3.2 is great, but this feature is very important to me.
Hello,
What I found and modify in my A600 Furia setup....

The workaround for this, at the moment, is to use the card.resource V45 from ROM 3.1.4
The new card.resource V47 from 3.2 ROM is causing the problem. For this, You must keep the 3.1.4 ROM in A600 and install the OS 3.2 over it. After completed the 3.2 installation, just rename the card.resource or delete it from Libs/resources. Loadmodule will look for it on boot, and as you renamed it, it will use the version 45 from the 3.1.4 ROM. This way you can use the PCMCIA with all the 9.5MB ram from Furia card with no problems. do not use SHADOWROM in furiatune, but use the LoadModule command with the
NOMEMFKICK switch in your startup-sequence. this way all 3.2 modules will be in 32bit RAM.

Page generated in 0.07540 seconds with 11 queries