View Single Post
Old 27 July 2021, 20:21   #1
Sim085

Intuition On Click Event?

I have gone through the documentation and cannot understand what I am doing wrong. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a window with a list and a text field. I want the focus to remain always in the text field regardless where the user clicks.

At first I thought of using IDCMP_INTUITICKS event and use ActivateGadget on each tick. However I was never much in love with the idea as this means calling ActivateGadget for the text field even when this is already in focus.

I therefore opted to instead only call ActivateGadget when the list is clicked or when the window is clicked. I thought the easiest way to do this is to listen for the IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS event (SELECTDOWN). This does work when clicking on the window, but not when clicking in the window title bar or the list.

So in addition to IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS I also listen to IDCMP_GADGETUP. When I receive the event I check if the event is for my list and if so I use ActivateGadget on the text field. This works for this list but ONLY WHEN the list actually has an entry in it. If the list is empty then no IDCMP_GADGETUP event is triggered.

So far I have not found how to capture an on click event on the title bar.

Does anyone have any idea how I can capture an on click event on the title bar and a list (when this is empty)?

Page generated in 0.05674 seconds with 11 queries