View Single Post
Old 23 July 2021, 01:46   #4
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetinfinity View Post
One learning question. The Filesystem is a Amiga specific filesystem, therefore does WinUAE (in my case FS-UAE) be detected by the Amiga Emulator, because I thought that the Filesystem must first be detected my the OS like Win or Linux.

I added a new SD card (I assume it is formated with FAT32) but the HD Toolbox is still running through the scsi devices and did not find any device.
WinUAE (FS-UAE) is an emulator therefore it will read Amiga specific file systems such as Fastfilesystem, PFS etc.. when you plug in the card then LINUX or Windows will complain it can’t be read as it’s NOT FAT32, NTFS, EXT3 etc.. This is normal. You cancel the error messages then start up WinUAE or FS-UAE and select the SD card from a list. In turn this maybe identified as a UAEHD.device or similar as this is normal. Make sure you pick the right ROM, Amiga, RAM etc.. before starting up.

Note: Amigas don’t use Windows FAT32, NTFS or extFAT file systems as it’s not the native file system for AmigaOS (Workbench). fastFilesystem is native. But you can use other ones Like Professional File System (PFS) etc..

Page generated in 0.04214 seconds with 11 queries