View Single Post
Old 15 July 2021, 17:56   #152
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Absolutely! It was exciting. And I played a lot of Team Fortress in the late 90s on my CSPPC Amiga.
But that's 20 years ago! Nobody is playing it, since many many years. And even if I would find a group of players, the game looks pretty ugly by todays standards. There are much more exciting multiplayer games today. I wouldn't waste my time with it any longer.
I can't really play Team Fortress Classic anymore because either I suck at it against younger human players on the FEW servers that still exist, or the AI bots are so boring and predictable. Same for Quake 3 Arena: on that game, the servers with humans dried up a long time ago and it's just bots on those, or the bots when I play on skirmish mode. It's all so predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
You may think 'deathmatch' is the most exciting thing you can do in a computer game, some of us don't. I prefer solving puzzles and exploring to killing people.
That's why I have Scrabble and Super Twintris (Tetris) on Amiga. I would've gone after Scrabble on Steam, but it was taken off there a long time ago in favour of some horrible mobile game called Scrabble Go! which is filled with microtransactions and other annoyances.

In any case, I'm outgrowing shooters in general, and am considering more cerebral games as suggested on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Because, Foebane is comparing it all the time, and I wanted to give my point of view.
Because I was under the impression that Amiga gamers ONLY knew Doom, and not other games. I was under the impression that Amiga gamers were OBSESSED ONLY with Amiga games and nothing else. I was wrong.

Page generated in 0.05203 seconds with 11 queries