View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 22:22   #1431
paul1981

I've read through the whole thread and I would like to thank the development team for their efforts.

There seems a few people obsessed with having it look like OS3.9 or better. Personally, I like and run my Workbench in 8 colours these days. I use the MagicWB palette with all original 4 colour icons. Or, on some of my other systems I use MagicWB icons exclusively. I'm not a fan of OS3.9. I like the OS3.0/3.1/2.x look and I like to build a system up from scratch, so I am in favour of a bug-fixed 3.1 version with enhancements. I just wanted the devs to know that there are users out there that like the retro look of the plain Commodore Amiga Workbench, and also MagicWB. I love topaz 8, I love the 640x256 proportion of topaz 8 and the Workbench gadgets and icons.
Having said that, I don't mind giving these other users a choice, but please don't take that choice away from me.
Also, I hope the OS will always be 68000 compatible, and tested for speed on 7MHz machines... I have a couple that shall remain 7MHz.

Oh, one more thing...do not change the Workbench icon format, I read many pages back that some people even wanted to get rid of icons all together for a Windows-like approach....I nearly puked when I read it and couldn't really believe that some Amiga fans wanted to do away with them. DefIcons is a hard enough pill to swallow for me!

Page generated in 0.04379 seconds with 11 queries