View Single Post
Old 11 July 2021, 21:29   #84
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
I always figured the ultimate evolution of videogaming would be the Holodeck. I think we're absolutely nowhere near that, however.
i think that most people don't have enough space in their house, in this country anyway, most people barely have enough space for VR (although that makes me sick anyway). the direct-to-brain idea is compelling although i think i would be a bit scared of it..

Quantum computing will be the next big leap, technology-wise i think. Although i don't know if it will make a lot of difference from a user (or gamer) point of view, but it could potentially make a lot of algorithms asymptotically faster. I don't know! Quantum Computing is Weird!

The other up-and-coming technology is AI. Imagine games rendered by deep learning! It could be extremely strange. Basically the computer will just be imagining things for you. You would type in a scene. Maybe writing a game will become more like writing a script, you just describe the locations and the characters and the computer just imagines it for you.

Page generated in 0.04878 seconds with 11 queries