View Single Post
Old 11 July 2021, 16:23   #81
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
i agree. the changes are there but they arent mind blowing. i still have a 360 under my tv next to the ps4. played halo 4 the other day. looks surprisingly comparable graphic wise for a console that came out sixteen years ago!
this is correct, i think. Moore's Law is still holding up, computing power is still improving at the same rate it ever was, but once you get over a million triangles per second.. who's counting? The actual impact on computer game graphics is diminishing returns. Game engines will be doing a lot more things in realtime, in future, that are currently baked into the scene, but you would be an expert to notice that, or even know what it means. The big shift was when graphics went from 2D to 3D. Since then there have been noticable improvements from one generation to the next (look back at a PS1 game now that was amazing at the time) but I don't think there will be any big change like that again, like going from Sega Megadrive to Playstation.

It's not all about games graphics, however.. but no matter how faster our computers get, the websites will find a way to fill them up with Javascripts.

Page generated in 0.42439 seconds with 11 queries