View Single Post
Old 06 July 2021, 17:48   #31
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
The biggest problem hampering real gfx progress is the rabbit hole of chasing higher resolutions - we can't even run games in 4K properly yet, and there is already talk about 8K.
(ohforgod'ssake)

Why this constant push for high HD? I'd rather have blisteringly fast games in 1080p MAX than push it any further than that! I've never understood the reasoning behind this. Is it immersion? You could achieve that on an old SD classic movie on a CRT with no problems, before Blu-ray steamrollered everything!

Some people can't even see the difference. My Doctor of Science father claims there is no difference between SD and HD, and so does a family friend of ours who is 18 years my junior. My sister was the same way, until they got hold of a player and she could see the difference for herself.

But the really good point my father made is that on the one hand, consumers are clamouring for higher and higher HD, and yet also clamour for small screens in the form of smartphones and tablets! It's like they can't make up their minds! At the very least, does anyone see an 8K smartphone screen popping up anytime soon? What would be the fucking point???

Page generated in 0.08244 seconds with 11 queries