Thread: Supercars 2 AGA
View Single Post
Old 21 June 2021, 21:03   #201
jotd
This cat is no more

try with NTSC. For a strange reason, it's much better with NTSC, where the game seems to struggle in PAL when there's a lot of cars around. With an emulator, you can select "fastest possible" and maybe "immediate blitter" for best performance.

I almost made the games full AGA by using 8 bitplanes but I'm glad I didn't because 7 bitplanes is already very demanding (the background doesn't use hardware scrolling but it blitted every time. Note that it saves the hassle of saving the background of cars, etc... which would amount to blitting a big number of small zones...

Game cannot use sprites because of shadows and bridges... Cannot use dual playfield for the same reason + huge number of colors even in ECS (32+EHB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
I always missed the information what car has what race position. So I know it is worth to fire a car or not. If this is to much work what about static car numbers on the cars?

That would mean an extra blit of the position on the car, like in SC international. Could be done but 1) extra blit costs bandwidth 2) would have to be another option as it somehow trashes the visuals 3) work designing the sprites for the positions and 4) rather complex to handle with tunnels and all...

Last edited by jotd; 21 June 2021 at 21:14.

Page generated in 0.09531 seconds with 11 queries