View Single Post
Old 09 June 2021, 01:24   #31
ImmortalA1000

Fascinating stuff I forgot all about this thread sorry.

Last year when I got re-acquainted with my PS2 of old I started wondering and talking aloud about how good would an Amiga have to be for ANY game idea to be possible realistic enough. I settled on "PS2 quality". This is really the critical mass stage, in the 2D era PC defacto support for soundblaster and VGA lo-res were 'good enough' and the PC became a 1990s competitor to Amiga.

If the creativity of my A1000 years (music/images/framegrabs/coding) could somehow allow this kind of PPC + Bvision performance imagine how unique and original the platform would become, and any machine with noteworthy games would sell.

GTA SA homebrew game engines......that would be my ultimate game, PS2 GTA SA game engine in a weird virtual life online game where you earn money from work, buy cars/rent houses, talk to other online characters and go visit parts of some huge game map exploring in the car.

Writing PC games was a joke in the 1990s, as hard as actually trying to write a game like Wipeout on your Amiga PPC setup at home using Lattice C.

Blitz 3D for PPC+Bvision commissioned by for a pre-configured A1200 of such spec. Amiga died as the HTTP browsing on the Internet became a thing for home users in the EU so Amiga would definitely have been an online machine as much as any Winblows PEESEE, those two and Gould getting run over by a steam roller whilst carrying Medhi across the road...what a parallel world that would have made for an episode of Sliders!!!

(although I suspect Irving Gould probably filed for chapter 11 rather than go bankrupt trying to keep the company going due to some sort of tax dodge I bet)

Page generated in 0.04917 seconds with 11 queries