View Single Post
Old 06 June 2021, 09:13   #567
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancfrancis View Post
Hi Olaf, sorry for the delay in response, I wanted to wait till I was at a proper keyboard rather than my phone.

I got it working by just putting the new include_H and libs folders *ahead* of the old in my INCLUDE: assign. That way I didn't have to delete anything. Do you see risks in this approach ?
Long term you might be better off making a backup of the directory which the "include:" assignment points to, then replacing everything as I outlined before. You could always refer to that backup later if you need it (could be that might never need it again).

The header files (both for 'C' and assembly language) are also part of the operating system documentation and you might want to refer to them often (for a bit of fun, have a look at the all-new "proto/alib.h" file). If that involves first figuring out where the 'C' header files actually are stored (or for that matter, where the assembly language header files wound up at) you are making something simple less so...

The compiler will be happy with a multi-assignment referring to three directories, with dos.library finding the header files the compiler requested for it. But your interests as a software developer are likely different and you may benefit from easily accessing the header files.

Quote:
The GST tip is super helpful, thanks!
The old pre-built include:all.gst file is the only risky file I can think of in this context (with three multi-assignments bound to "include:"). If you never rebuilt it, it will contain the 3.1 header files. The NDK 3.2 does not replace this GST file and this might have side-effects.

The pre-built GST file also has other strings attached. The compiler remembers the floating point and integer size options in use at the time when the GST file was created. Let's say you want to build an application which uses the "historic" Motorola Fast Floating Point math which is enabled with the "math=ffp" option (it could happen) and you set up your project to make use of "include:all.gst". The compiler might then warn you that the floating point math used by the GST file does not match what you picked (with the "math=ffp" option enabled you get sizeof(float) == sizeof(double) and sizeof(float) == sizeof(long)).

Quote:
When you and Camilla are saying you're developing 3.2 on an amiga using SAS, can I assume its not a real amiga, but something emulated so its fast ?
Alan
FS-UAE and WinUAE are involved in some major capacity because they are fast and can be run unattended if need be.

Page generated in 0.05869 seconds with 11 queries