View Single Post
Old 03 June 2021, 21:01   #1
guybrush

Is possible to load 3.1.4 ks via software on a 1200 with blizzard 030?

I am looking at 3.1.4, although the sheer price of getting the roms and the software is not trivial; I get that people need to make money, but as someone that make software for free and let others make a living by using for free my github code, I think that it would be great if there is a way to try out things before commit.

So I found from youtube a video of a person that did use a soft kick to update to 3.1.4 ROM, and then install on his A1200 with an ACA card, the OS. That seems to be a good test bench, since I am not committing to 50+ dollars bill (the software only version cost 19 dollars I believe? Which is much more acceptable, albeit still steep IMO), and it allow me to not swap physical ROM chips, unless I decide to commit.

Before buying the software download, I want to figure out if I can soft-kick my 3.1 A1200 with a Blizzard 030 card. I found no trace of anyone doing this, only "it may work"; so I am in the dark at this point.

Does anyone here knows if this would even work? At the current stage I just know that technically should be possible to soft load the kickstart and then once I make the partition, install the kickstart on the actual hard drive and have it install at boot; which is awesome since I can retain my original 3.1 roms in that way.

Page generated in 0.05218 seconds with 11 queries