View Single Post
Old 23 May 2021, 19:56   #38
Rissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
My USB stick is a cheap 2GB one formatted to FAT32 so nothing special and I used HFE v3 in the HxC software to convert the IPFs and flashed the Gotek with FlashFloppy 3.25. My Gotek also has an ARM 7 STM32F105 chip on it so maybe the type of Gotek you have is the problem? My A500 is a REV6 with a generic trapdoor RAM expansion and KS 1.3 so pretty common!

I only played 1 table but it saved the score and after a reboot was still there so for me in native mode it worked but not in HxC legacy mode! Native mode is just image files in the root of the stick, no other files!

You could have a dodgy CIA chip in your A500, if they are socketed just swap them around and see if the same issues occur!
I don't know what chips i have on my Gotek, but i bought it from AmigaStore.eu. If that goes for anything? It's got FlashFloppy 3.25 on it too.

I'm running the exact same Amiga 500 as you. A501 expanded memory on a Rev6 motherobard. I've no idea about CIA chips, but Amiga Test 1.6 doesn't bring up any errors or indication of faults of any sort, and for everthing else, the computer works fine.

I'v just tried a FAT (Default) format of a yet again different memory stick now. Exactly the same result.

I'm better off continuing to use AUTOBOOT.HFE mode, because at least there it still saves my scores even if the original game makers scores are all blanked out.

Page generated in 0.06711 seconds with 11 queries