View Single Post
Old 22 May 2021, 09:48   #24
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral View Post
The lag is there (fact). I just can't play the pinballs with it. Other people might simply be better at adjusting; I know it definitely is possible to adjust. Maybe I can, too. But I don't wanna.

Why would anyone want to settle for mediocrity?
I, personally, feel no need to adjust/settle and that's why I took (and still take) my time to make such comparisons. I enjoy Pinball Dreams equally in A500 and Pi4, so there is no mediocrity/settling in Pi4. I am still in awe of the excellent Amiga (and retrogaming in general) experience it provides.

If both the Pi4 and the Mister provide with such a superb Amiga experience and the Pi4 is so much cheaper and easier to use, I feel we have a clear winner. Do not think I dislike the Mister, on the contrary, I just don't find much there to justify its purchase (aside from building a delicious setup like Novacoder's...yum!).

I do not doubt that this lag exists and certainly do not doubt your experience. But I cannot for the life of me reproduce/feel it. If there was any adjusting involved, don't you think I would feel the difference when playing the same game back to back on Pi4 and A500? Especially with games like kick off 2, even a suspicion of laggy controls would have killed the experience instantly. Are you sure your setup (monitor/controller) does not cause this lag?

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 11 queries