View Single Post
Old 22 May 2021, 08:48   #300
slaapliedje

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbob42 View Post
The basic requirement is a 3.1 ROM. The new ROM components will be loaded from disk, some at first boot only. This will cause a single reboot after the machine has been switched on. Some components will be replaced on the fly while booting (that’s new). You may also softkick/map the complete rom file at first boot. What would be best for you depends on your setup. The loaded components consume memory.

To get rid of the extra reboot after cold start, you’ll have to replace the ROM physically. This will also save memory.

Some accelerators can store the ROM in programmable flash memory, so you don’t need a physical one. E.g. AmigaKit just introduced a memory expansion for the A1200 with a flash rom option, IIRC, although we were not able to test it.

Please read the FAQ for more information. Everyone interested in OS3.2 should read it.
Well, you can also get the burner equipment+adapter for ~50-60 dollars? I ended up with two as I couldn't find one one day when I needed it, then of course found the original one after the second arrived, but figured I could always use extras :P

Even so, I still decided to order ROMs as it supports the dealers, and it saves me the effort of setting up the burners, software and having to locate the correct chips to burn to.

Page generated in 0.05310 seconds with 10 queries