View Single Post
Old 21 May 2021, 19:57   #30
Rissy

Right! Success! ....and failure.

Thank you. I've now got HxC accepting .IPF files. I've now used it to convert 0025 Pinball Fantasies disks from .IPF to .HFE (Rev 3) and proven them in the Gotek. Now the game loads up (yey!), you can play all the tables (yey! yey!), but......this is where it starts going wrong.

When you Achieve a high score on any/all of the table(s), it screws up the leaderboard mechanism in the game.

From that point forward, the high scores are NOT viewable from the main menu, ever again, because they ALL get blanked to ZERO.

Also, the first time you get a high score, this one is lost after you reboot the machine and reload the game.

But once you play again, and get a high score (which you'll defintely do, because all you have to do is beat ZERO!) THEN your high scores start being retained on the "disk" (Gotek .HFE file) even after reboot. Still though, the high scores tables are not visible from the main menu as they were orginally before they got blanked, even with your own high scores being saved. This of course means that you have to go into each table individually to see the high scores for each table, one at a time.

It's not brilliant, but acceptable. At least it still means you're playing towards something, and achievements (after the first one on each table) are kept saved.

I wonder now if anyone else has found this, or am I the first to analyse the whole situation so much?

As you might be able to tell, the Pinball games are our favourite in this house.

Page generated in 0.04293 seconds with 11 queries