View Single Post
Old 20 May 2021, 16:18   #249
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
You decide how you want to play it, and whether or not it rubs you the wrong way in how the AmigaOS development team decided to "pay it forward". We made sacrifices, and we knew what we were committing to. But it's also been a fun experience, so don't get me wrong: we didn't travel to the peak of the mountain, occasional hardship and exhaustion included, for the challenge and the scars. There was a nice view, too, in the end
This is a "fucked if I do, fucked if I don't" situation for a lot of people, and I think, had this not be this way, was the money to go straight to the only people that matter (the devs), I honestly believe you would be able to reach many more of the "users that can be counted" via sales, because I love what you do, and your choices are of course yours to make, but i'll be fucked if I give any cent to a company that holds everything back so much. And I don't think I am the only one that feels this way.

Let's stop portraying Hyperion here as some kind of savior that "allows" this to happen. This is some sad, sad bullshit situation and it really pisses me off, as a long time Amiga user, as an Amiga developer, that every time these issues pop up, the common reaction nowadays is to shut it down, and to cut Hyperion slack. If we can't even discuss this ourselves, this will never get resolved, and I refuse to believe that this cannot be resolved in a manner that would benefit the userbase better.

It is not OK for me to let Hyperion get money so they further increase their choking grasp on AmigaOS's neck. But it is also not OK to not support this fantastic development and the real people involved behind it.

Things shouldn't be this way

Page generated in 0.05544 seconds with 11 queries