View Single Post
Old 17 May 2021, 14:04   #5
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Nice to hear! So it actually works that way. I just wondered, because I never got a bug report from a WHDLoad author in the past (or I forgot about it).
Quote:
Just out of curiosity: what was the reason not to apply this patch directly to your source?
StingRay notified me of a couple of things during the development of the slave, one thing it did pick up was a fault in your replay code using a0 instead of a6 (but I think you fixed this already).

All bugs found were fixed in the final game, there was only a couple - related to an incorrect write to floppy disk CIA stuff and to BEAMCON0. UAE dbg didn't pick these up and neither did enforcer.

Quote:
Because that's exactly the situation which I try to avoid in my games. Never resurrect the OS when I have taken over the system. Dangerous things may happen, so the responsibility for a trashed HD file system is on WHDLoad.
Yup, everyone kept telling me the dangers... hence ... release a WHD which knows the ins and outs of this stuff.... but also people like the quit key stuff the WHDloads provide.

Page generated in 0.04550 seconds with 11 queries