View Single Post
Old 15 May 2021, 02:40   #85
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I believe Hyperion decided to give resellers some time to sell physical CD's first.

Later, digital versions will arrive, but those will be model based, unlike the CD which has them all + some additional extras.
I have no problem in waiting some extra time for a digital download to support the resellsers.And I will buy this in one form or the other, I just want to make sure what my options are.

If I want the convenience of the cd, I need to buy a physical set.
If I don't buy a physcial set I need to explictly state which model I'm using, and "just" getting what is required for my particular model - minus the additional extras.

I may not need or want physical media (for example, I may not need physcal rom chips, or cd, because the OS will only be used in emulation or my accellerator supports flashing). But it may still be conventient to have it all acceccible from one place - in this case, a downloaded .iso file.

So my question is basically: if I just want a digital download, why isn't a cd-iso an option? And if it is, why isn't it made more clear because to me it sounds like the cd isn't an option if you want to just buy the right to download (and use it of course) it.

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 11 queries