View Single Post
Old 09 May 2021, 12:46   #74
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
I think H0ffman wants to do a quick release, and adding better gfx and audio will take extra time.

It also looks better than the NES version, although I quite liked the NES tune.

Closest to Metal gear on the Amiga/Atari looks like Rambo III, the Genesis version looks a lot better.
The MSX version is the original and most complete version of the game. The NES version has sections missing and lets not even get into the Spectrum and C64 versions.

In terms of improvements it's a case of playing to my strengths. I can't do graphics and also have a red / green colour blindness. I'm good with audio though which is why the game has a complete overhaul of music and sound effects. I've also added a new ending / credits section because I didn't thing the pay off was good enough in the original (and I had space on the disk).

However, that all being said there have been some graphical improvements. Toni Galvez has drawn a brand new set of character images based on the original manual which appear in-game. This really helps deliver the games dialog. I've also made changes where code was doing the lifting, such as the fire trooper's flame thrower, the parachute jump, flashing enemies when the die etc. etc. etc.

Also, redblade is right. I've been doing this since November and I kinda wanna be done with it now and have people play it instead.

Good news is, it's so very very close now

Page generated in 0.06297 seconds with 11 queries