View Single Post
Old 04 May 2021, 14:04   #55
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
It certainly causes a lot of problems such as: I cannot run games from the workbench, games crash with hits, games don't work with my graphics card and games don't work with my 68060. Please don't tell me, I see these problems. If things had been done properly, the software would run on the machine "as is", in the screen modes I select, and with the 68060 in place.
That's correct. I agree. And I guess that TurboSprint could have been possible on a 060 system with sufficient memory when doing it 100% OS compliant.

But many games would not exist in the same quality, especially on weaker hardware configurations. I would also say that you have a lot more trouble doing such a game with the graphics.library GELS system than by hitting the hardware directly.

Amiga coders are motivated to bring their retro hardware to the limits, which is why going through the OS is often not an option. For some of us it is also more fun to take over the system. And that's why we are here. For the fun!

EDIT: In any case you should take over the system in a clean and OS-friendly way! And it's best to never return to the OS after that. Considering that, everything should be allowed.

Last edited by phx; 04 May 2021 at 14:13. Reason: Takeover

Page generated in 0.04591 seconds with 10 queries