View Single Post
Old 04 May 2021, 13:50   #53
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
There you are again... telling me my programming and attitude is sloppy... it's not, if I was being sloppy I'd not bother making any OS calls at all and whack the system completely and use a track loader etc.
Again: If you try to render your screen with LoadView(). Well, this may work, but then do it right. I gave you the approximate sequence of calls to make it work. If you assume that pushing a copper list into a view structure and hope that this works: That's sloppy. It is sloppy because it doesn't use the interface that graphics provides for this. You make "assumptions" on how the interface work, but these assumptions are not documented, and probably wrong.

Thus, if you really want to follow this path, do it right, and read the chapter in the RKRM how LoadView() and the graphics subsystem works. It's possibly, but hairy. If not, and I understand that you don't want to follow this path, use intuition, because somebody else already did all the work for you. In a rigorous way that is known working, and providing an interface that is much easier to use.

If you believe that this "wastes memory": Frankly, please check this. For me, this is often a cheap excuse of "please don't bother, I actually do not know better".

Page generated in 0.04487 seconds with 10 queries