View Single Post
Old 04 May 2021, 08:48   #29
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
As I've tried to explain... I am short on chip ram, I don't want to allocate upwards of 64kb for a bitmap when I already have that ram available in a previous allocation to load and unpack files from.
First of all, wrong approach. You let graphics/intuition do the allocation, and then use that memory for your graphics. I already said that there are alignment restrictions on bitmap memory that depend on the chip generation and the screen mode. Second, even if you allocated the memory yourself (hopefully with AllocBitMap()), you can provide this information to intuition to create a screen from you. But see above - this makes usually little sense.

Quote:
My question was simple, can I use LoadView() to point to a simple copper list that I previously created... it seems the answer is "no"... that's all you had to say instead of jabbering on.
No, the ansower is "your approach is wrong". Please rethink.

Quote:

Also, when I take over the system I do a call to Disable(), when the game is done I make a call to Enable() and release all ram and everything comes back fine, minutes may have passed during the interval.
That is not guaranteed. Please see the RKRMs. Some hardware (but probably not yours) does require regular interrupts. The RKRMs (and that is the important reference) state that you can only disable for a couple of milliseconds. I do not recall the precise number, but it's specified.

Page generated in 0.04572 seconds with 11 queries