View Single Post
Old 03 May 2021, 22:47   #15
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Hi Ross - thanks for this as it looks like it will work quite easily.

So here is the reason I was looking at the View structure, it may be that I'm over complicating what I need.

My Turbo Sprint exe is roughly 200kb, when the exe is loaded it then allocates 392kb of ram - this ram becomes under my control to allocate things like screen buffers, sprite sheets etc. But upon load I use it to load a 320kb file which has all of the game assets in a packed format. So as I have 72kb remaining in the buffer I thought I would load a title screen for the game while the 320kb assets load from floppy/hd (using DOS calls).

So then because I have the system up and running I need to simply load a title screen image into the back of the 392kb buffer (title screen is 5 bitplanes.. approx 50kb in size so enough space). I then just need to display the image... so the only thought I had was that I would have to use LoadView to create a custom COPPER list which points to my bitplanes and RGB pallette.

If there's an easier way to do it then I've missed it... but the upshot is I need to display the title screen while I do a call to Open(), Read(), Close() etc.

Hope this makes sense... appreciate the response buddy!

Graeme
Check my edit, it's even easier

I also happened to write directly to GfxBase allocated memory for copinit, so I mixed things up a bit..
(this works also, but hmm too much brutal and limited.., only for some dirty job)

Try as I wrote in the edit, it should work.

Page generated in 0.04647 seconds with 11 queries