View Single Post
Old 03 May 2021, 11:07   #30
Daytona675x

wip videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yr1OhOssiA0axW

@vulture
@Adrian Browne
Thanks

@utri007
My thoughts were: what would be a technical challenge with a wow-effect while not requiring toooo much boring (to me) stuff like level-design or so, and sth. that doesn't need toooo much artwork or sth. where you can get away with lots of procedural gfx so that even my coder-art skills could be enough.

@Konrad
Thanks

Quote:
The ball is currently close to the lower half of the screen.
You are right, right now it's a bit too close to the bottom. It should be some more virtual meters towards the far-away goals.

Quote:
Scrolling is bound to it.
Yes, scrolling is bound to the ball until you reach the playfield's limits. Most likely I'll add some scrolling-de/acceleration to make it appear less "hard" but in general it will remain that way.

Quote:
When you're playing upwards you have a good sight of the playfield.
That's the nature of things Of course one player has a slight advantage here. But from my experience with "Super Formation Soccer" this is neglectable. And you switch sides at halftime anyway.

Quote:
When you're playing downwards though you see approaching players very late.
Once the ball has been moved somewhat more "upwards" (which pretty much means just changing one variable and eventually providing another ball zoom level), this should be no problem. Then it will pretty much match "Super Formation Soccer"s ball position, a title with proven playability
However, maybe this can be improved by e.g. adjusting the camera's depth-offset a bit depending on which team currently owns the ball.

Quote:
I assume tilting the playfield is a little late at this stage of development.
I thought about that too. But there are many extra technical problems to be expected, which will very likely to be impossible to solve without dropping below 50Hz or too much losing quality.

However, ddni came up with the idea of adding a null-modem mode and I'll most likely consider adding that

Quote:
Cologne ?
Of course, home sweet home

Last edited by Daytona675x; 03 May 2021 at 11:35.

Page generated in 0.04391 seconds with 11 queries