View Single Post
Old 29 April 2021, 00:33   #50
Muzza

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

A few people commented on fire buttons. Yes I will support multiple button joysticks (I just wish I had one for my own Amiga!).

Original Turrican pretty much requires you to use Auto-Fire for the main weapon. In my version, I had it so you can just hold fire whilst moving to auto-fire your normal weapon. This was to make it easier to test, and is why it takes longer to activate the beam/lightning weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Could it be possible to use AGA dual playfield and add a parallaxed background ?
AGA dual playfield is 16 colours x 2, so it wouldn't really work as the tiles have a lot more colours than that. I'll have more luck using HW Sprites for the parallax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
How much time have you invested so far?
Enough to question what the hell I'm doing a few times.
It is part of a larger project. A lot of time has gone on PC tools that I intend to use for other games in the future, so its hard to say how long I spent on the Amiga code itself. The game also runs on Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Would it be theoretically possible to change some other game assets? For example backgrounds, parallax scrolling or the CD Music from Chris? No pressure - only a question, only a "simple" port of the MSDos version would be great. Thanks.
It would be pretty easy to swap assets, or create new maps. I'm not hard-coding anything and there are PC-side tools to generate the data. I'll post about these in the future when they are more mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink^abyss View Post
May i ask how you cull/activate the entities? I think the original T2 stored them in 256x256 bins, and then processed the 8 bins around the current camera pos..
I'm using 256x256 bins (I have no idea how the original did it), and process the ones that overlap the camera (which is always either 2 or 4 bins). Currently I only spawn individual entities as they enter the screen area, but I think perhaps I should change this to spawn an entire bin, as sometimes enemies either group up or are divided more than in the original.

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 11 queries