View Single Post
Old 27 April 2021, 11:03   #43
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Hi,

I've shared my work in progress conversion of MS-DOS Turrican 2 in the zone. This is basically the same as the Turrican 2 we know and love, but with more colours.
This is a project I started initially to learn Amiga ASM, although much of it is written in C in the end. I also wanted to create an AGA game - something I couldn't do in AMOS back in the 90s.

It is only the first level, and various features are missing - most notably the bounce weapon does not bounce, there is no mid-level boss and the player cannot die. However most other features are working - even if many require extra polish.

It requires Fast RAM to run at 50hz on an A1200. From testing I found it can run at 50hz on a base A1200 but only if I reduce the number of bitplanes. I may do this eventually, but for now I'd rather get it working without modifications to any of the source artwork. Currently it uses 8 bitplanes.

I've tested on my real A1200 with Blizzard 1220/4 plus various WinUAE configs, but as this is the first thing I've released on the Amiga in the last two decades there may be unknown compatibility problems. Please let me know if it has problems on your machine.

Cheers
good job, i test it with pleasure:génial:génial

Page generated in 0.04185 seconds with 11 queries