View Single Post
Old 26 April 2021, 22:17   #4
Fuzzball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
If 1200 is too expensive for you then Amiga 500 with a gotek is the best cheap option. Gotek is a floppy drive emulator so you can put thousands of disks on a usb stick and use with your Amiga. Less than 150.
Amiga 600 is the next least expensive.
Thanks. I think I would rather emulate (one way or another) an Amiga 1200 though and see what I missed out on all those years ago. But I certainly won't dismiss those options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
MiSTer setup which runs 99% of stuff costs ~200E. There's no need to buy the expensive parts. For that you get the board and 32SDRAM, and these should be available, at worst with short waiting time.

There are some other FPGA boards which also run Amiga core (Minimig). The original MiST, SiDi: https://manuferhi.com/p/sidi and maybe some others, I can never remember which one does which anymore. SiDi is cheaper than MiSTer but also less powerful and has no HDMI.
Thanks. The whole Mister thing confuses me a bit. I thought I would need a DE10-Nano, Mister IO board, 7 port USB board, USB bridge, 128Mb SDRAM (might as well have the option of simulating other devices too). I think I calculated that at about £290 not even including a case. Plus everything seemed to be on backorder at various places. I'll keep an eye out for updated stock info.

I'm also tempted by the Raspberry Pi 400 but then that relies on software emulation which I'm not having a great time with at the moment. Maybe emulation on Pi is better than Windows.

Last edited by Fuzzball; 26 April 2021 at 22:22.

Page generated in 0.04732 seconds with 11 queries