View Single Post
Old 26 April 2021, 21:38   #1
Fuzzball

The different Amiga experience options?

Having recently realised my A500 went walkabout at some point over the years, I've been looking into the options for a "replacement". e.g. a secondhand real Amiga, software emulation and, only discovered today, hardware emulation via FPGA? (that I don't fully understand to be honest).

It got me wondering what other options are out there. I would rather have as close to a real Amiga experience as possible (i.e. not just loading games via Retroarch etc).

I'm leaning away from a real Amiga because I always wanted an A1200 when I was young so would probably go down that route but they are too expensive now and I'd be concerned spending that much when you have no guarantee how long it will last and how easily parts would be available in the future.

My brief experience of software emulation has not been great with WinUAE as I get graphical and audio glitches and too much time wasted messing with the settings.

Mister FPGA sounds interesting but not cheap and some of the parts are hard to find in stock anywhwere.

Are there any other options?

Edit: Aplogies, after writing all that, I've seen there is a similar thread already. I should try searching. Sorry I'm getting old. (although that thread just confuses me as it seems to be talking more about accelerator boards)

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105432

Last edited by Fuzzball; 26 April 2021 at 21:50.

Page generated in 0.04435 seconds with 11 queries