View Single Post
Old 24 April 2021, 11:40   #242
RoC

Smile

Like Honey Badger, I am also having issues in getting the A600 romulator working. The Amiga seems to switch-on but the screen is black. The OSSC links the video signal, so something is coming out of it

Both romulator leds are on. I followed the pictures for the orientation (the head towards the trapdooor) and plugged/unplugged a few times. Putting back the orginal 2.05 rom works just fine. The motherboard is without any other expansion, to facilitate the troubleshooting.

I tried to solder the cable both on pin 2 of R511D and pin 3 of Q511. The Q511 is returning a solid caps green on the keyboard, so I assume there is something wrong with that soldering point.
The R511D looks good on the ketboard (no Caps), however the miggy is responding to reset but no screen either.

Tried to format on Windows the 8gigs SD in FAT32, FAT16 on a 4 GB partition but no luck. I understand this should not be the issue, because it should say SD error if something would be wrong with the micro SD.

Beside checking the Romulator with Putty that I am going to do, could I test anything else?

In the worst-case scenario, shall the A600 version be re-utilised for the A500? (I know the form factor is different)

Like Honey Badger, the problem might well be my A600 rev 1.5. It looks good on ATK and never have had problems with that, however it is not recapped and you never know.

Last edited by RoC; 24 April 2021 at 11:48.

Page generated in 0.04467 seconds with 11 queries