View Single Post
Old 22 April 2021, 00:30   #7
Foebane
Banned

I've decided I've got too much code which I don't like or which is just variations on a theme, so I'm going to cut the bad stuff only:

For example:

The arithmancy calculator I mentioned was when I was obsessed with Harry Potter and I was forced to go to a "back to work" scheme every day for a few months, so I kept myself busy by bringing along my Delphi 3 software and programming. I came across the subject and thought I could implement it in a program, but it was a waste of time as it's just fortune-telling bullshit.

Another example was when I developed a disk cataloguing program, and I'd realised I'd made a big mistake in the data format, so I went and wrote a program to "patch" existing data made by the old program, but no-one else used it and I fixed the error in later versions of the cataloguing program anyway.

A third example was when I wrote MS-DOS C programs for "intros" for the publishing company my father worked for, which were all fancy routines morphing from one image to another, or things like that. The irony was, the people at the company just couldn't get the programs to work at all... until months later when they isolated a PC from their network and were finally able to get it to work. I kept the stuff as part of my portfolio, but my dad said not to bother. I can't even remember how the whole scenario came about anyway.

On a separate note, I have written three fractal landscape generators and three "tweening" programs: think a square graphic with different RGB values in each corner, and the program fills in the space inbetween. When the RGB values pulsate with different frequency sine waves and it all happens in real-time, as my last tweener did, it can be quite mesmerising. The problem is, each set of three programs is variations on the same theme, so I'm going to ditch one of each and just keep the ones I'm most proud of.

Page generated in 0.04257 seconds with 11 queries