View Single Post
Old 21 April 2021, 22:22   #58
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
You can see screenshots here, including wireframe view from Imagine:
https://www.exretro.com/galleries/co...ers/index.html
I had 80MB RAM on my Blizzard 1260. I bought the SCSI kit just so that I could get another RAM slot. So I had 64MB on the accelerator and 16MB on the SCSI kit. The scene would run out of RAM if I tried to render it with scanline renderer, but for some reason the raytrace mode worked.
Wow - that's amazing render mate - congrats!

I guess "scanline render" meant using the shadow maps, instead of raytrace, and that makes sense, because shadows maps needs to be stored in Ram like bitmaps, while raytrace is just math.
I assume, if you could make it run with shadow maps (if you had more ram, or made shadow maps les res), render would be waaaaay faster.

Anyway, awesome renders and work.

I've played a little bit with Lightwave in Winuae few months a go, but unfortunately, didn't had tiome to play more (same as you - becxause of regular fx 3D work), but I was impressed what various options Lightwave offered back then.
Hopefully, I?ll have more time in the future, because I really wanna put it to the limit, and see what kind of shot Amiga can pull of.

I asume Amiga could do shots in quality of Independence day, or Starship Troopers... just someone needs to make them

Page generated in 0.04343 seconds with 11 queries