View Single Post
Old 18 April 2021, 23:31   #17
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
I love the misterfpga, it’s incredible. “byte Mavericks” mentioned above is me, and I’ve created a small board that drives the Amiga keyboard leds too...
Ah cool! Thanks for publishing your version of that firmware - it works a treat, and we recently adjusted the MiST firmware with a minor hack so it works on MiST too (MiST only supports USB Boot Protocol which is basically what the Arduino keyboard library uses - but it doesn't signal that it's bootp capable to the computer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladR View Post
As for the price, according to digiKey, it's $170 right now:
That's just for the base DE10-nano - you need more than that - for Amiga you need an SDRAM module (32 meg is enough for Amiga, 128 meg is needed for more advanced cores) and you'll want an IO board for audio, too.

Quote:
Now, with MiSTer - do I just buy a board myself and flash it myself with USB Blaster ?
It has a built-in USB blaster, but you won't need that unless you start developing cores. It has a minimal Linux OS which boots very quickly, and that OS is in charge of loading cores from SD card.

Quote:
I'd hate to find out 3 months later that if I only spent , for example, $30 more I could have had a FPGA board with, say, 2x gates/logic!
That depends on whether there's anything useful you can do with that 2x gates / logic!

As of right now, the Amiga core can be a cycle-accurate 68000, or it can be roughly equivalent to very fast '030. It's not likely to be a useful point of reference if you're targetting '040 / '060, even once the host-side emulation stuff works.

Page generated in 0.04375 seconds with 11 queries