Old 15 April 2021, 00:21   #8
Daytona675x

Smile

@DamienD
Thanks

@all
New wip video #12 is online:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yr1OhOssiA0axW

Compared to the previous videos this one starts with the logo screen to give you a better idea of where we are right now. The following has been improved since the last video:
  • the zooming crowd got much extra love. It's now positioned with sub-pixel precision, there's zero tearing or other similar effects anymore, overall it's pretty much smooth as butter now. Compare it with the previous video side by side if you can.
  • the players movement is smoother now too. Very subtle, best to see when doing horizontal movements.
  • the game has to precalculate quite some stuff before the first match. The respective code has been cleaned up and partitioned so that it can easily be partially run beforehand to avoid a very long delay before the first match. Here in this video some precalculations are done during the logo and intro screen already, therefore the delay before the match is much smaller than before.

Basic A1200, 50Hz, full low-res PAL view, more than 500 colors visible at once.
Note: I used my new D520 RGB-to-HDMI converter for the frame-grabber's input this time. I forgot to turn off scanlines, make sure you turn on HD quality on youtube.

Page generated in 0.07590 seconds with 11 queries