Thread: Gloom
View Single Post
Old 13 April 2021, 16:13   #34
Patrickx1989

Are you using the package as I uploaded it, with the config.txt file? I just tried to duplicate your problem in both Gloom Deluxe and Gloom 4, but it works fine for me. I just turn Autofire to "Off" in the in-game options menu, then "Return" to the game, and I can shoot single shots manually. So it's not an error with the package.....

If it doesn't work in-game, try opening the config file and changing "autofire 1" to "autofire 0", then launch the game. If that also doesn't work, then I am sorry, I don't know what the problem could be. Works fine on both of my Laptops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Thank you for uploading both Gloom 4 and Gloom Deluxe packages. I am facing a small issue with controls though, it affects each and every package (so that must be down to the way the controls are mapped in the SDL library).
When I start the game, autofire is on, I'd rather shoot enemies on my command, so I deactivate autofire. Back in the game, shooting doesn't work anymore whether I leave default shoot key to left Ctrl or not. Even if I activate autofire again in the middle of a game, no shooting at all, I must restart the executable with autofire on to be able to fire bullets.

Last edited by Patrickx1989; 13 April 2021 at 16:21.

Page generated in 0.06725 seconds with 11 queries