View Single Post
Old 07 April 2021, 10:17   #4390
Valken

Thank you Damien! I've been using your collection for a while and my family, friends and their kids love it when we run up WinUAE on the old PC and hand them control pads! They love the fact that they've never seen these old school beautiful pixel based games!

Surprised that even the adults love the Amiga tunes and then everyone around our age starts talking about all their favorite old school console games. The funniest part is seeing the kids roll their eyes at how "we" had the best times in gaming history!

An hour later, they all agree these old schools were way more fun in terms of raw gameplay.

Now I have to gradually move them from 2D platform (their favorite) to Sensible Soccer, to 3D action (I had to make a custom WinUAE Keyboard config using WASD) so they can get used to it. Next step would be 3D RPG and 3D FPS and action games like Descent.

Things I really like are the near instant experience. Even comparing to other emulators, we have to setup a menu, point it to "roms" or folders, scroll or sort through it, and then configure then launch the game.

This is just launch, type in keywords or partial phrase to quick filter, and click it to go.

Probably one of the part is that we can still "adjust" all the settings if we do not like it any of the default settings.

I can comment some of the 3D heavy games may need the CPU speed adjusted. My old PC sometimes need to set it to FASTEST possible or 4x to ensure butter smoothness. I think I am spoiled from the old PC DOOM, Duke Nukem or Quake snappy feel on native PC.

Keep up the great work.

Page generated in 0.04266 seconds with 11 queries