View Single Post
Old 25 March 2021, 21:53   #37
BarryB
Amigaholic

Awesome!

Modified some ADF's and compared, found all tracks that were different and -b also shows which blocks!

If you buy a lot of disks from various places, like I do, if they are all AmigaDOS tracks it makes comparing against an ADF made from an official IPF (if there is one) help to show any tracks modified, either with saves, high scores or viruses! Then the disk can be repaired just by writing back those tracks!

Could I ask for 1 addition please? As well as showing which track differs, can it show which side differs too? So if a track was modified only on one side to show just the side e.g. Track 22 differs on Side 0 or Track 22 differs on side 1 etc. If both sides differ then Track 22 differs on Sides 1 & 2, or however you want to word it? It's no problem if that can't be added, the program is doing what was initially asked of it.

Also, if you put this line into a batch file:
Quote:
@adfcompare.exe %*
@pause
It will allow you to 'drag and drop' 2 ADF's onto the batch file to see the output without having to open a CMD window yourself and type anything in, just keep adfcompare.exe and the batch file in the same folder! Call the batch file whatever you want, I called it adfcompare.bat for example! You'll just be prompted to press any key to close the window!

Or, you could make it output to text file like so:
Quote:
@adfcompare.exe %* >adfcompare.txt
When you 'drag and drop' 2 ADF's onto the batch file it will generate an adfcompare.txt file with the results and silently exit!

Similarly, using the -b option will show which blocks differ: @adfcompare.exe -b %*

Last edited by BarryB; 25 March 2021 at 22:32.

Page generated in 0.04855 seconds with 11 queries