View Single Post
Old 18 March 2021, 00:18   #13
no9

Thanks for your comment Photon. But with this I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
And 31 of them being enough for all musicians.
Look into samples of Excellate by Probe module
[ Show youtube player ]

31 samples was unnecessary limit (not originated in hardware) and all composers had this in mind, automatically limiting themselves before the need to restort to those 9xx tricks.

Which leads us to another issue - single column for commands. To set volume for sample that starts with 9xx offset required another set of trickery. Precision of 9xx might also be questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
P6112 supports mixing and channel fx and gives you running buffer windows per frame, but awaits a keen experimenter. It's open source. (But .P61 is just a converter result though, not a format and no music program.)
I'm not sure if I get this correctly - you don't mean software mixing?

I have faint idea that XM (or 8-channel MOD) format could be applied for experiments with Roondars mixer if there were a player that interprets channels accordingly: hardware + software mixed ones with all it's limitations.

Quote:
I think we're lucky to have a standard in PT, it's a given to base things off of.
Yes and no. It scaled nicely with the increase of available memory by the time (bigger samples = richer sound). But I think Amiga can do better than this

Page generated in 0.04381 seconds with 11 queries