Thread: PDOS for Amiga
View Single Post
Old 04 March 2021, 13:36   #46
kerravon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
SAS/C is a C compiler, but it is accompanied by asm, a 68K assembler. It accepts "mot" syntax, that is the syntax that is described by motorola in the "Family guide". Be warned, the arguments of "cmp" are the other way around, i.e. "cmp" is as "sub", with the target at the right-hand.
It looks to me like GCC 3.2.3 supports Motorola format. From m68k.md:

#ifdef MOTOROLA #ifdef SGS /* Many SGS assemblers croak on size specifiers for constants. */ return "lea 0,%0"; #else return "lea 0.w,%0"; #endif #else return "lea 0:w,%0"; #endif

Quote:
All the details, of course, and this sounds more like a work plan for the next years to come, of course...
I think I should be able to make the required changes to get a 100% public domain "hello, world" up and running fairly quickly.

Is there anyone interested in assisting with this initial task? No coding is required. I will provide approx 16 68000 assembler files that need to be assembled and linked by an AmigaOS assembler and linker, and then run on AmigaOS.

If you can tell me the command required to assemble a file, and to link 16 object files, I will write a simple script.

It will probably take a number of iterations before it works.

I will do the development in public to give people (anyone) an opportunity to point out any problem they can see.

I don't care if AmigaOS is being run emulated or on real hardware, and I don't care if the assembler and linker being used are commercial or freeware.

Actually, I'm happy to start doing this with the RS6000 target, instead of 68000, if someone is willing to assist with assembling and testing that.

The RS6000 target produces assembler that looks like this:

{andil.|andi.} %0,%1,0xff
{cau|addis} %0,%1,ha16(%2)

So your assembler will need to be able to cope with that.

Thanks. Paul.

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 11 queries