Thread: PDOS for Amiga
View Single Post
Old 04 March 2021, 12:43   #43
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerravon View Post
Does the DOSBase global variable belong in PDPCLIB or amiga.lib?
It is an external reference amiga.lib depends upon (an "xref" for the fans of assembler), and something the binary has to provide. Thus, typically, the symbol is provided by the compiler startup code ("c.o"), there filled in, and picked up by the amiga.lib for performing the system call. The amiga.lib is part of the AmigaOs SDK, even though it is rarely needed nowadays.

Quote:

Then GCC will start producing 68000 assembler, which looks like this:

cmp%.w %0,%1
fpmove%.l %x1,%x0

I don't know if that is the same format that SAS/C accepts,
SAS/C is a C compiler, but it is accompanied by asm, a 68K assembler. It accepts "mot" syntax, that is the syntax that is described by motorola in the "Family guide". Be warned, the arguments of "cmp" are the other way around, i.e. "cmp" is as "sub", with the target at the right-hand.

Quote:
Also in the longer term, support for the Amiga file system can be added to AmigaPDOS, including Amiga-style hard disks which presumably require a different MBR too. Or maybe this bit won't be technically possible?
I don't think why it wouldn't, after all, Linux also has support for affs, and RDB, the "Amiga variant of MBR".

Quote:

Anything I've missed?
All the details, of course, and this sounds more like a work plan for the next years to come, of course...

Page generated in 0.04405 seconds with 11 queries