View Single Post
Old 27 February 2021, 19:21   #50
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
No, it is not. Those programmers contravened Commodore's official documentation on how to program the Amiga and, more importantly, on how NOT to program the Amiga. Using your arguments you could just as well code your program to jump into fixed OS routine addresses because, well, everything after Kickstart 1.2 is just incompatible and not the programmer's fault (which early Amiga programmers did do although this was obviously also contravening Commodore's programming guidelines).
So because they didn't follow Commodore's official documentation on making games it makes them shite programmers does it? My last look at Commodores documentation on how to make games was to do everything through the OS... and that was never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
As for your point about disabling accelerators: how is an 040 or an 060 being the only CPU in an A3000 or A4000 going to deal with the broken code?
A3000 or A4000 Amiga's were never mainstream (at least where I lived)...but besides, I accept that at least for my productions those stock configurations are tested (in WINUAE).

Page generated in 0.06033 seconds with 11 queries