View Single Post
Old 17 February 2021, 21:24   #18
Pixelfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Imagine actually has a dxf importer, a format which 3dsmax can easily export to, but there is one big drawback with the dxf format and that is that the orientation of the faces (triangles) can be randomly interpreted by some software. So if the software you import into doesn't have good options for flipping normals then you'll probably have a model that looks like its full of holes. For renderings, it might still work in some cases where materials can be rendered as double sided, but its not a "fun" model to work with.

Also, I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that Okino's Polytrans used to have support for Imagine's format a long time ago but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Maybe if you can scout a 15 year old version of Polytrans ;-)

Edit: Just saw that Zerec posted a link to AccuTrans 3d. Looks useful for sure.
However note that it reads/writes .iob which is the Imagine Object format. It wont convert an entire scene / project with cameras, lights etc..
I probably can find a 15 year old copy of Polytrans lol, We used to have Nugraf (which was the big brother of Polytrans, with most of the optional extensions) I'll give that a look, never even thought about it ...

I'll also check out Zerec's link. Thanks all.

Page generated in 0.04390 seconds with 11 queries