View Single Post
Old 05 February 2021, 19:55   #13
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
The arcade game was made for steering wheels, you can't conclude that my port doesn't work well with joysticks because countless other racers used that as input.

Also - what do you mean by "twitchy" - I have literally know idea what it means?

If you find the game hard to complete a track then simply say so, this then adds weight to the game being far too diifficult.

Edit - I apologise if this has came over arsey and abrupt, I don't mean to be. What I would ask is just if you are going to play test it and report stuff then please try and be specific about problems in the game without game play opinions, it's all I ask. I'll need to tune the game play and polish it, what's important at the moment is that blatant bugs are addrssed.
No - that's fine. And you are right, that's what I was thinking when playing the arcade game. Having a steering wheel meant the turning of your car was linked to the analogue nature of the steering wheel so it was easier to do quick turns whereas playing on a computer, you are rotating at a constant rate through a number of directions. There obviously needs to be some sort of compromise to make the game playable.

At the moment, the turn rate seems to quick so there appears to be over-steer so I kept going round in circles or end up doing a 180 and going back the way I had just come. It may be that slowing down the turning a little may make it more playable.

I will try on my real A1200 again and as I said do a WinUAE video of some of the bugs!

Of course, it could be my ability to play the game

Page generated in 0.33072 seconds with 11 queries